Before I decided to write this entry I did a quick internet search on the topic of application sites for natural hormones in cream form.
Well, the good news is that everyplace on your body could potentially be a good location for the hormone creams. The bad news is that most references are not very solid from a scientific standpoint.
Here are my guidelines and the reasons why:
- Apply the cream to the same spot for at least one month at a time. Reason: Skin receptors for the hormones develop when you use the same area repetitively. Skin receptors make for quicker, better absorption.
- Apply the cream to warm areas. Reason: Warm areas have more blood vessels and thus make for better, faster absorption into the blood stream (where we want the hormones to get into).
- Apply the cream to thin skinned areas. Avoid areas with fat pads under them. Reason: Fat loves estrogen. Fat absorbs and holds onto estrogen. This situation prevents the creams from being absorbed into the blood stream where you really need them. Estrogen will also attract fat cells, so if you apply it to areas where fat can accumulate, it will. So avoid thighs, buttocks, belly, etc.
- Do not rub too hard. Reason: The skin is a delicate organ. You don’t need to rub hard to get it to absorb the creams. Be gentle!
- Wait 5 minutes before putting on perfume, body lotions or clothes. Reason: Although the creams get absorbed very quickly, waiting 5 minutes will insure you are not wiping any of the creams away.
- If you get irritated or get a rash, change locations. Reason: Sometimes after using the creams for a while, the area you are using becomes sensitized to some of the ingredients in the creams. That does not mean you are having an allergic reaction, it means you should just change locations.
- Never apply the creams below the waist. Reason: Estrogen loves fat and we all tend to accumulate fat below the waist. So if you place the cream below the waist, you are more likely to get fatty accumulations there.
Finally, these are the locations I recommend in order of absorbability. Number 1 is the best.
- Mid breast bone- ½ way between the bottom of your neck and the beginning of your breasts
- Inner wrists- Apply the cream to one side and rub the wrists together.
- In the crook of your elbow.
- Inside your upper arm, but not all the way to your armpit.
Feel great and enjoy!